internal return pump ?

ihavtats29

im getting ready to get a return pump for 90 gal reef im putting together , im looking for a reliable internal pump with 700 gph at 4 ' head what would you recomend?

There are far too many posts of people having startup problems or outright failures of OR 3500s for me to recommend them.

Ive had the 2500 for 3 years with no problems,and the 3500 for 1 year no problem.They both run silent. I would recommend.

Jim, glad you have had good luck with your ORs. Not everyone has problems with them, but enough do that people should be aware of the issues, especially when they are asking for "reliable" "problem free".

I guess that could be said about all pumps. I have had alot of problems with Mags that alot of people recommend. Hard to find anything these days problem free.

Very true Jim. The Eheims are one of the very few internal pumps that can be said to be close to problem free. They dont have start up problems, they are very quiet and people have run them for decades without failure. Problems reports are extremely rare.

thanks for the replies very helpfull ive been in the hobby for almost 7 years now and im just not getting into a RR tank ive allways had everyrthing Hob

I wasusing Mags for my closed loop and an internal return, they both gunked up and crapped out from my kalk reactor almost immediatley. Not to mention they were both noisy.

I switched to two Eheims and have not had a single problem, and its been about 4 months. I love the Eheims super quiet as well.

how about one of thesehttp://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1495303&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Back