Introduce yourself!

Name: Adam
Experience: I would guess a few years.
Tank size: TBD
Tank type: Reef
I have been out of the hobby awhile. I plan on getting back into it within a couple months. I have been keeping an eye on the club here.

hey total newbieeeeeeee

hey total newbieeeeeeee

Hey guys I have not dont the SW tank yet came on here to get ideas for one I am wanting to start my 55G into a SW tank thought I would come on here and read and get some help with it. I am SW tank dumb as to speak I know nothing about the equipment what I need Etc. And hopefully I can find someone selling what they dont need or use that i can buy to help start my new project!!

Welcome!

If you found ReefCentral for research then you already started off on the right foot. You can access an amazing amount of data here and usually no shortage of suggestions. :) I purchased a good portion of my tank second hand from this board which saved me a bundle. I would recommend doing your research (sound like you already started), ask questions, read, and get a plan of what you want you to keep. This will help you find the equipment you need and hopefully only have to buy it once.

I live in Berea, KY. Am new to saltwater but have a pretty decent setup so far. 90 gallon, 30 gallon sump, t5 lighting, yada yada...20+ corals so far. Hope to maybe do some trading around eventually!

DSCN1339.jpg

Chris DeBoard, many of you I know from another club or two LOL.
Grayson,KY
2 years in
Current tank: 90g softies

Amy your from Ashland? I was hoping to find some other people who are remotely close.

Hi guys I have a 29 with a rose anemone a couple of polyps and 2 clowns. In and out over several years, from Charleston

Name: Zach
Saltwater experience: 3 years
Tank Size: 29 Gallon
Tank Type: Just starting to get some corals (finally)
754ae1f9_316065_280655675286419_100000259657401_1113168_77520402_n.jpeg

Anybody here from Southeast KY or nearby? I'm currently in Lexington and moving to Hazard.

My current tank is a 135g display (260g total tank volume including basement sump and frag tank), and a 29g (49g total including sump). I will be breaking these tanks down and upgrading to something bigger. I was looking at around 300g, but I need to find one I like.

My basement sump is open to air, and has been there 4 years. The salt spray has rusted everything metal in my basement, and frankly my wife and I are sick of it. I want something completely enclosed and it has to be quiet - the noise has gotten old too.

Experience about 8 years now.

Anybody have suggestions for a good place to get a nice system in Southeast KY?

Back