Inverters, Generator's and Whole House Generators OH MY

That we need to have this discussion in 2021 is crazy. We need more nuclear power in our state, not less[emoji2357].

Following along

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Way too expensive and takes forever to build. I'll shill for solar. I'm producing 3x what I use everyday. Even with AC I still get more than I use daily. Payback will be 5 years at current prices but we all know prices are going up and up. Even if you use more than you produce you'll save tons of $ by not going above tier 1. My cousin cut their summer time bill by like 75%. Roof just wasn't ideal for solar panels. Good friend just paid $10K for the battery; $20+K total for a 5+KW system before tax credits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-energy-nuclearpower-idUSKBN1W909J

That we need to have this discussion in 2021 is crazy. We need more nuclear power in our state, not less[emoji2357].

Following along

Way too expensive and takes forever to build. I'll shill for solar. I'm producing 3x what I use everyday. Even with AC I still get more than I use daily. Payback will be 5 years at current prices but we all know prices are going up and up. Even if you use more than you produce you'll save tons of $ by not going above tier 1. My cousin cut their summer time bill by like 75%. Roof just wasn't ideal for solar panels. Good friend just paid $10K for the battery; $20+K total for a 5+KW system before tax credits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-energy-nuclearpower-idUSKBN1W909J
It's great if it works for you but solar and wind are capable of supporting the grid. We should have energy to spare not just get by.

I heard a commercial that Solar Max in Riverside is doing a deal of 69.00 dollars a month for solar and a battery backup, I have a small house with limited space for panels, what do people think of that deal?

I heard a commercial that Solar Max in Riverside is doing a deal of 69.00 dollars a month for solar and a battery backup, I have a small house with limited space for panels, what do people think of that deal?

Their website says it's for a 3+ KW system and battery. As emergency backup it'll keep your tank and fridge running for couple days I'd guess but check your bill to see how much you use. All depends on demand. There's a Calif subsidy for batteries called the Self Generation Incentive Program, something like 15-20% rebate.

I'm happy with my 7kw system-kicked out 46kwh yesterday so I fed the grid and made a little bit of cash.

BTW Redfin analysis says solar panels add value. If you have the patience get some quotes. Lots of goofballs out there but you'll learn a lot. I used energy sage to look at companies.

Almost always those companies are making their money of the financing tricks. The PV installation is a wash, they are looking for the RMR.

Still cheaper than paying PoCo but best to worst

Cash buy up front

HELOC or home loan

Finance or lease from PV provider

Buy energy their PV system on your roof

And the worst is anything that involves HERO program. If you see HERO, run like hell.

Back