Is anyone still around here?

sandalscout

Karen and I are still in the house we were in when we last saw all of you, and after much hemming and hawwing, we've decided to get back into the hobby. Karen is getting much more active herself this time as well, should make things easier.

We are currently planning on a 180+ build, depends on finding a good tank in our price range. Still a LONG ways from having anything setup, planning on doing things 100% right from the start this time, and should save a bunch of time, money, and headache this time around. We are painting the new fish room this weekend. Tank(s) will be going in upstairs into the side room that was off of the dining room, for those that remember. It was the room that Terry and I joked about being a good shark pond base as it's on a concrete slab.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and see if anyone still comes around here.

See ya,
Matt

Haven't been in a long time. How's the tank search going? I have some equipment I am selling due to moving. Give me a hollar,

Fidel
931-eightzerotwo-5565

Fidel, I missed this, been popping into the Nashville forum on that other site.

Tank search is done, got a 180 and a Solana 34. Building a new, taller stand for the 180, and planning on using the old 180 stand to house a QT and maybe frag tank eventually. Got a 29 gallon for QT ready to go.

I'll give you a call soon, will you be going to the frag swap? I'm not getting any fish or coral yet, but I hope to have the Solana wet within the next week or so. RODI came in yesterday and ran it's first gallon last night.

Any updates on your 180g, Matt? :)

Brandon

Not much, unfortunately.

I had a stand built, and it's got one coat of stain on it, but I need at least one more. Got lights from smyrnareefer in August, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and cleaner the tank up (some). I don't know when/if it will be set up. I still need a lot of crap for it (skimmer, pumps, plumbing, sump of some sort), so unless I sit down and figure out a way to build a cheap "dirty water" tank to house softies, it will be a long while before it's filled. I might have bitten off more than I want to chew.

The 34 gallon is set up, filled with sand and water and has cycled. My wife wants it stocked. I've got 40 pounds of rock wrapped under the tree for her (never thought she'd get that! haha, but she wants it). I'm planning on ordering a Reef Breeders light after Christmas, and figuring out why the skimmer died this week soon. Need some more water movement devices, and either an ATO or maybe even a RKL.

The 34 should be stockable within a month or so, hopefully. I've been spending money on too many things lately (TV died, just about got my motorcycle where I want it, etc).

How've you been? All moved in to the house?

Well, some progress is better than no progress. :)

Check out the Jebao pumps for water movement. I'm putting a DC12000 for my return pump and WP40s in the tank for general movement.

Yes! We are moved into the house and loving. Its actually very quickly approaching a year, which is crazy!

That's awesome on the 34g. I'm using my stock tank sump as a little bit of an aquarium, but not too much of one. :)

Brandon

I'm actually planning on a Jebao WP25 in the Solana, seems like a good choice. I had a MP40 in the 90, and I loved it, but I'm not spending $400 on powerheads this time around. I'll look into their return pumps, I haven't looked at FishStreet in a long time and didn't remember them making return pumps.

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already, seems like just a few months ago you showed me pictures!

No joke, man! Kinda crazy!

The DC12000 return pumps are fantastic. We've got a group buy going in MTRC if you're interested. It uses about 90w and is a little over 3,000GPH. Pretty impressive overall. It can also be ramped up and down by an Apex if you'd like to use it on a closed loop. :)

Brandon

Back