Is my anemone too damaged to survive?

Hi, this is my first post. Looking help please. I bought my first anemone 2 days ago. Last night he got sucked into my into sanitizer. I was able to take him out but he looks very dead but I’ve heard they can be cut up and survive.
is he too far gone?

my set up is only 8 gallons so he was not big to begin with. When fully open he was 2 maybe 3” wide

First pic in now
other 2 pics are from last night

thanks in advance for your help

Hi, this is my first post. Looking help please. I bought my first anemone 2 days ago. Last night he got sucked into my into sanitizer. I was able to take him out but he looks very dead but I’ve heard they can be cut up and survive.
is he too far gone?

my set up is only 8 gallons so he was not big to begin with. When fully open he was 2 maybe 3” wide

First pic in now
other 2 pics are from last night

thanks in advance for your help
Not seeing any pictures.

Sorry about that. Here they are.
9F4796E5-344B-41D1-946A-CDC384070CF0.jpeg

They can recover from a lot. I assume you mean a UV sterilizer. If so I personally would remove the UV as it really is not needed unless your having a specific issue.
I suspect it moved because it was not happy for some reason. From your photos it looke like your set up is newer, which can be a problem with anemones. Also I question you have enough light for an BTA. Since it is new to the tank I doubt that is the cause of it moving. How old is your tank and what are the parameters?

Yes, tank is young. I set it up a little over 2 months ago. I waiting a few weeks before I added cleaning crew and then a few more weeks for corals and just added the clowns and anemone Friday. I am keeping the uv sterilizer out. At 2am he was fine at 8 am he was in the sterilizer so he could have been stuck in there for up to 6 hours.
At the moment everything is testing good no spikes but I’m guessing it’s just to early to see a spike?

Also his foot seems to have attached to the rock I put him on. I attached a pic.

Attachments

• 89581842-0383-4372-ADE6-536D6DBC993D.jpeg
    89581842-0383-4372-ADE6-536D6DBC993D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
The fact it is attaching is a good sign. I can't tell a thing from your photos on my phone as they just look like a blue blob. Crank your white up for photos will help a lot.

Back