is there an alk controller/monitor that can work with just a CA reactor?

CTaylor

Hi
Which if any Alk monitor/controllers can keep my alk more steady when used only with my Ca reactor. My set up now is my Ca reactor controlled by a Pinpoint controller (based on Ca Rector pH) it is fed by a kamoer dosing pump.

** I was thinking that an alk monitor/controller woudl be able to control the alk by turning off and on the Ca reactor dosing pump.
Yes, no? if so, then which alk controllers will do this?

TTYY

There is someone using the Alkatronic to control their CaRx on the other forum. Do a Google search for “Geo 818/SMC415 Calcium Reactor Setup for my 240 Reef”.

You have two good options.
The Alkatronic as suggested by [MENTION=23558]LQT[/MENTION] or the GHL KH Director (Stand alone unit)
Both will read the Alk and both have a spare dosing pump to dispense fluid from the reactor based on the readings.

Price wise the Alkatronic will cost about the same as the GHL and both of them will require servicing from time to time. Things like new pH probes and Dosing pumps heads and tubing will need to be changed every 12-18 months. Other maintenance is that the pH probes need to be calibrated every month or so to keep them reading the titration process accurately.

One bonus to the Kh Director is that the reagent is cheaper and people have formulas for making it DIY style. The downside is that even the factory reagent needs to be diluted in a very exact manor, but once done the Jug of reagent will last for a long time. Also Alkatronic makes the Doseatronic which would allow it to work with two part and give you more options but for a lot more $$s.

Back