Is this a baby snail or a pest or ?

RioReefr

Please help me identify what this is?....see attachment...

Very small, white, 2 antennas, appears to have a tiny suction cup. I started seeing it 5 days ago and thought it would get eaten by now.

Anyway, I was thinking it was a baby snail...

Good ? Bad ? Irrelevant ?

Attachments

• snail_baby.JPG
    snail_baby.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
Its a crappy picture is what it is :p

You are absolutely right!...it IS a crap-photo lol. The thing is ...its like 1/2 of a size BB (as in BB-gun) and I do not have a good macro lens to get that close.

I think the other member is correct....it looks A LOT like a collonista snail....

Attachments

• collonista-snail.jpg
    collonista-snail.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
Do you have any trouchus snails? It kinda looks like a baby trouchus snail. They're known to breed in a reef tank.

Do you have any trouchus snails? It kinda looks like a baby trouchus snail. They're known to breed in a reef tank.

I am not sure...but I have 8-9 of this type of snail that devoured all my green hair algae and have left a bunch of white specks everywhere...who knows, maybe the white specks are eggs and this little guy is a hatched baby. My LFS told me they were turbo-snails, but they have given me misinformation before.

I really just want to know if it is pest or if it okay....it seems just stay on the glass the whole time and no one wants to eat it (....so far).

Attachments

• snail.jpg
    snail.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • trochusmd.jpg
    trochusmd.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 0
Back