Is this crab bad for Acros?

ReefRockerLive

GHL Mitras LX7 Club
I just spotted a white crab with blue eyes. I couldn't remember which color eye meant if the crab is bad or not. The crab has very few hairs on his claws and has tiny black spots on the sides of its face.

I'll try to get a good shot of this crab later today.

Thanks

If the crab resides in the coral, i'd say it was a good thing. Peopel are too quick to jump on the BAD wagon.. leave it until u ACTUALLY do some harm and then remove it. if it came with the coral, imo it should stay there.

tony.

A general rule is that if it is hairy, then it is bad. No hair equals good. Please note that this is just a GENERAL rule.

I had a crab like this come in a colony that I bought and it did some serious damage to the colony pretty quickly. I agree with mm949, GET IT OUT QUICKLY.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6515375#post6515375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tyrosinase
I had a crab like this come in a colony that I bought and it did some serious damage to the colony pretty quickly. I agree with mm949, GET IT OUT QUICKLY.

ditto...be quick!

Fortunatly I had already taken this crab out before even creating this forum. I didn't want to take a chance!

Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

it could have been an acro crab because they are usually white with blue eyes. heres a pic:
AcroCrab512.jpg

they are relitively good sometimes eating trapped detritus in acros and such

Back