Is this Green Corraline? It does not scrape off.

Rammess

image.jpg
image.jpg
350B98E8-1B13-48DA-8451-B48B86BE7868.jpeg

My parameters are all normal
-0 Ammonia
-0 Trite
-0 Trate
-77.5 degrees
-AI Prime HD set to SPS AP+ spectrum
-AI Nero3 pump set to random mode between 3% min and 20% max with medium variance, and it blows straight at the back rocks and diffuses it everywhere along with return pump flow.

This geeen algae that caked my (dead rock) about a week ago is really greenish now. It does not scrape off even with metal glass scrapper.

My gorgonian has been retracted for 3 days now, and my anenome is also very shy and shrivels up in the light. Probably because I bought it from a Petco a while back and who knows what light it’s been used to, but not sure how to address it.

Is this algae corraline? Is my tank just going through a phase?

Also the lights are off in the 2nd pics with just a ceiling fan light in my office on so that’s why it looks crazy green. Never seen this before. It doesn’t scrape off if that matters.

The green is normal. It’s not coralline but it’s just one of several algae phases. You may want to get a phosphate test kit as well. Generally you want somewhere around .03-.1 phosphate and around 10 nitrate to help combat the various algae phases and for coral health

Back