is this lighting ok?

In a 20g high? If the tank is 24", it'll be fine (use the 65w fixture).. If its a 20" tank, I'm not sure about the 40w fixture.

Your best bet would be to pay a little bit more money and the dual Satellite. You'll be able to keep softies, zoos, and LPS.

yeah, it's the 20H. i have already ordered the 1x65 watt bulb and fixture today so i can't cancel my order. what would i be able to keep with this kind of lighting? sorry, i am only 3 weeks into my first SW tank, so i have plenty of questions for when it is ready to stock.

The 65w should be OK. You may want to upgrade in 6 months or so when you are ready to move onto LPS and things like that, but you should be able to keep softies and zoos under those lights OK.

Ask plenty of questions. I wish I would've asked more than wasted all the money that I did.

ok, well i see SPS and LPS. what do those abbreviations stand for? i was looking on this site for it, but i still couldn't find what they stand for. i think i learn more on this website than i ever did in high school or college lol. i guess this is a passion and school was not so much!! =)

Back