Jebao DP-4 dosing pump help

Webmanny

Hi guys,

I recently acquired this pump and calibrated it, tested all 4 pumps and setup the proper amounts needed for my tank.

However, I recently noted that two of the hoses were not keeping their vacuum. Meaning that on the sump end, two of the three lines are empty. Therefore, when the pump kicks on, nothing comes out because those two lines are empty.

I have manually pumped the lines until they are full all the way to the sump, but after a few days, those two lines are empty, but the bottles are almost full and when I run it manually they fill up.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I think I just figured out my issue. I still ordered some check valves, but my issue was that I drilled a very tight hole on the caps of two of the dosing liquids, but the first one I drilled was kind of lose around the hose and this was causing back suction on the liquid. I took everything apart and made the holes a bit larger and now they keep the liquid without issues.

Just wanted to update everyone, in case anyone has a similar issue in the future.

Thanks for the heads up, I made sure I drilled them out a little more than I would have normally. The setup was surprisingly easy for this - hopefully it works well long term.

Back