Just a few clams

kevinpo

Premium Member
Here is a picture I took this morning of my clams. The clam on the left is a T. maxima. The center one was sold to me as a gold Vietnamese T. maxima (I believe it's a maxima/squamosa hybrid). The one on the right is a Tridacna squamosa. For size reference the 2 on the right are about 4".

Regards,
Kevin

Kevin,

Those are some nice clams :) If you have time, could you take a loser picture of the middle one.

Barry

Hi Barry,
Thanks. I have this picture taken back in March when I got it. This was taken from the top looking down.

Regards,
Kevin
PS: If you want a shell shot I will get one in the morning. I need to take him out and remove a pesky anemone that came with it. I thought I removed it before but you know how resiliant they can be :(

gold-max3-02.JPG

Kevin,
Great looking clams.I just got one max from Barry and think it looks very similar to yours.The pic does not tell real color and it appears darker.

Gene.

Hi Kevin,

I just sent a Maxima to a friend of mine and it looks similar to your but much darker. Not the normal pattern for a Maxima.

Don't you just loves these guys :)

Barry

Wouldn't be something if he turned black. I have seen that with intense lighting. Now if he does, I will have to go back and charge for for a black Maxima. LOL LMOA!

If it does,I'll gladly pay the difference:cool: I also told you about my mind:D .

Thanks my friend for a cool clam.:D

Gene.

Thanks guys! Mine has turned darker than when I first got it. It's become a blueish/green rather than the light gold color. here's a picture from a bit further back.

Regards,
Kevin

Barry,
Here's the shots I took when I took him out for cleaning :) I think I got the darn aptaisia anemone off him this time. Notice the white edge of new growth from the last couple of months.

Regards,
Kevin

clam-G-7-02.JPG

clamG-end7-02.JPG

reef101,
I used a pair of tweezers and then scrubbed the whole clam with (the wife's) toothbrush. When I had the clam out she asked me if she should get a pot of water boiling :eek2: See the white spot on the left side? That is where the anemone was. It was growing at the bottom of one of the scutes. That's why I didn't get it all last time. I ended up breaking off the scute to get at the anemone. The clam was looking normal 1 hour after returning to the tank.

HTH,
evin

Well I'm not really brave enough to use the wife's toothbrush. She's home all day with the tanks :) I just told her that when she mentioned the pot of boiling water :D

Regards,
Kevin

Back