Just looking for a shoulder to cry on -- Velvet....

NancyT3

So I haven't bought any new fish in a while - at least 8 weeks. And then once again, one at a time fish are dying off in the past week. One a day, then two a day. Water parameters all look great. I can't see anything on anyone. I changed water Wednesday- but I used the same siphon for both the DT and QT tank. Now I lost both my clowns in my QT tank one Thurs and one today.- my big beautiful one last night and I am heartsick over it. And I lost my last royal gramma today in my DT and my healthy pyramid is looking all stressed out and is down near the sand quivering and has his stress coloring. I called the LFS for emergency service as I said I cannot figure this out. Maybe the ROTI water was bad etc... All my water parameters look good though. Their technician came out and after a while looking and videoing with his shop owner, they diagnosed it as velvet. Hard to see any spots as it is now on my butterfly and only can see it around his eyes potentially when he swims in the light just so. No spots on any other fish in the tank. Wish me luck. I dosed Metroplex and focus in the food and everyone is eating vigorously. We are buying a UV sterilizer and installing that tomorrow. But I feel like it is in the Fish God's hands at this point. I will read up more on it but right now, I am sitting down and just feeling sad.

So sorry to hear about the losses. I hope you can get things figured out.

Maybe @Dr. Reef and @leebca can provide some guidance on how to move forward.

Back