Just purchased a Emperor Aquatics SMART UV Sterilizers 40Watt

TURKLET0N

I just purchased a Emperor Aquatics SMART UV Sterilizers 40 Watt. Has anyone used one of these before? I've done a lot of research for UV Sterilizers and went with a high end one. Im mainly curious of how much it heats up the water. If anyone has used one this size can you post the amount of water you have and if it changed your water temp.

It will heat the water for sure. More watts equals more heat.
Why in this day and age would you need a uv?

Protect against illness, ich, good for water clarity and algae..... I know it will heat that water but wasnt sure by how much.

i m using 80W 3 hours/day, also I m using Ozone 10 minutes/every 3 hours
dont know how much heat adding to water but time to needed heater

I would imagine a degree or two. You won't know until you plug it in.
I am not sure what it will do for algea or water clarity. My water is always very clear without one.
I hope it works out for you.

Do you have an apex or other temperature tracking device so you can look at a chart after a few days and let us know? My money is on a minimum 1 degree rise if you run the light 24/7. Let us know once hooked up.

Let me know how the UV works for you, I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my 210.

The uv isn't outdated in the slightest ... Its good for many reasons the main reason for me was to help with ich and it deff helps a lot. Its not going to rid you of ich but it will make it much easier for your fish to fight off of they do catch it.

Very little impact on my temp and I run same unit but has 2 40 watt bulbs on my 210

The uv isn't outdated in the slightest ... Its good for many reasons the main reason for me was to help with ich and it deff helps a lot. Its not going to rid you of ich but it will make it much easier for your fish to fight off of they do catch it.

Very little impact on my temp and I run same unit but has 2 40 watt bulbs on my 210

What size pump are you running? i have a Aqua UV 57 Watt and I'm not sure which pump to use for it. Any suggestions??

What size pump are you running? i have a Aqua UV 57 Watt and I'm not sure which pump to use for it. Any suggestions??
I actually have the Aqua UV57 watt myself.. And it actually on my system adds no heat at all(the combo of the pump and the unit). I was actually going it would, but not one little bit.

It could be because my system is in the basement, and it could also be the amount of flow I have going through it.. I'm using an ecoplus 1056 pump but that is because of my system volume.. I kept my runs short, and I'm estimating around 1000gph.. I am also tossing around the idea of going up to an ecoplus 1396(i believe that is the next size up).. I'm only using the uv for water clarify, so with that unit, I could definitely ruin more flow through it..

But you typically have to put quite a bit of flow through the Aqua UV units..

From note 5.. rip note 7

I actually have the Aqua UV57 watt myself.. And it actually on my system adds no heat at all(the combo of the pump and the unit). I was actually going it would, but not one little bit.

It could be because my system is in the basement, and it could also be the amount of flow I have going through it.. I'm using an ecoplus 1056 pump but that is because of my system volume.. I kept my runs short, and I'm estimating around 1000gph.. I am also tossing around the idea of going up to an ecoplus 1396(i believe that is the next size up).. I'm only using the uv for water clarify, so with that unit, I could definitely ruin more flow through it..

But you typically have to put quite a bit of flow through the Aqua UV units..

From note 5.. rip note 7

I'm running a Vectra L1 that does 3100gph but I have it running at half speed. So far everything is working well except now things are a little cramped under my sump bc of the 4ft UV Sterilizer.

Flow rates for UV are directly dependent on target organism. I would run 130 gph for the Emp Aq 40 watt Lite and 200 gph for Emp Aq 40 watt Smart, if you are targeting parasites. The high flow rates recommended by manufacturers are usually for green algae and bacterial blooms. UV sterilization is an exact science with tons of research and data available. I find most aquarium UV manufacturers avoid stating the facts. Do not understand why?

Mine is fed by my return pump and flow rate control by a ball valve ... My 210 has a 13 gallon holding tank and a good 40 gallons in the sump I'd think so I'm sure with sand and live rock it's prob at least an actual 210 tru volume of water.

Mine is the 80 watt smart has 2 40 watts .... Mine is around 150 GPH and I love it I have lost fish to ich in past many times and this has helped alot.

I recently got a fish from a local store and it was covered with ich when I got home. I couldn't tell cause there was no lighting over the tank in store and didn't think twice cause it's a respected store.

Soon as I put him in my tank he was cover in ich and within 2 days at least 8 fish had ich ... My tusk has it the worst and I was sure was going to die I have never seen a fish as bad as he was and live. I am talking laying in sand every night breathing heavy barely swimming. It was about time to replace the bulbs in the UV anyway so I did it and checked flow rate and fed metro from FAOIS heavily. Took a bit but every fish has been clear of ich for over a month even the fish that infested the tank is clear. With ich it's always there but the uv keeps it in check and the fish can kick it easier if the ich flares up

But if you don't feed metro from faois you should

Back