Just set up my prop tank

Frankysreef

I have a 30 gal, that is fed by a mag 7, and I have some starboard about 8 - 10 inches from the top held up with some pvc, I also have a mj 1200 for flow. I am using a 36 inch t5 tek light with 6 39 watt 10k bulbs.

In the bottom is my fuge which should hold all sorts of critters for food.

This used to be my fuge that was lit by a costco 65 watt floodlight.

I already have about 10 frags in there already, I am also running a reverse photoperiod.

I am pretty happy about this for my tank is soooo overgrown.... And I need a convenient place to put frags every time I break something when I stick my hand in.

What ya all think?

F

I also made the overflow from acrylic, I cut the teeth with my table saw. Happy to report the frags are doing well... Will take pics when I have the time.

Sorry camera battery died.. Here is an update...

Caulerpa took off... started overgrowing the frag area a bit...

All frags are still doing great.. some nice overgrowth on the plugs now.

The t5's changed my colors a bit... the purple slimer is still purple but the base got a little lighter... My bright blue stag is a little brighter blue.. Yellow milles still yellow, green mille turned a little brown...

My pink birdsnest is now pink, yellow and green, instead of all pink... Wierd.

I have 6 t5's with 5 aquablue's and 1 6500k. as compared to 4 20k helios 250 mh with supplemental sunlight..

I am a true believer in 6500k supplementation now!

pointlesswithoutpics1.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Seriously I'll get to the pictures... You have to understand that the frag/fuge has a tek t5 setup on top, while the whole thing is encased in a cabinet..

So it is a little hard to get in there to take pictures...

frag tank is on the left inside the cabinet.. This pic was taken in march. You should see how big everything is now.

Frags are doing great... only problem soo far is the damn algae is growing through the eggcrate, so prunings are becoming a PIA.

I hate the chaeto for it doesnt break as easy as the caulerpa, but the caulerpa grows faster....

The colors with the t5's are a little dimmer... 250 MH + sunlight definitly has more bright color. Sorry T5 only guys...

A green mille turned green brown. But the blues and purples and pinks have stayed bright!

It seems you never win sometimes :)

Back