Kalk drip rates

Flightpipe

Sea Turtles Love Me......
i am setting up a drip line for kalk but i do not know how fast to set the drip i know to test and watch my params. What would be a good SAFE place to start 5 drips per min is what I was thinking.

your drip rate should match your evaporation ideally. From there you can strengthen or weaken the amount of kalk that you put into solution.

I fully saturate kalk (residue on bottom of vat), drip to evap rate. For me it's about 1 drop every 2 sec on a 92 corner w/ sump. That works out to about a gal a day. You can prob go much higher than a drop every 20 sec.

I prob kalk every other week, in between it's RODI via ATO. I won't claim that I keep up with my testing, maybe once every couple of weeks, this system works for me and keeps alk/ph/ca right in the ideal range. Moderate calcium demand in my tank BTW.

Hope this helps.

What is best to control the rate of the drip I tried a plastic valve from my LFS but it will not close enough to stop or make a very slow drip. It may have been designed for just air. What would be best to use?

If you know any nurses, or something similar, you can use one of those IV controllers.

Not the best picture, but this link should give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Back