kalk/top-off solenoid unit

Chrisrush

I posted this in the DIY section but I thought I would see if someone here could figure this out as well.

So I'm getting a Aquacontroller Pro and I wanted to hook it up to my kalk reactor to be able to control the pH and water level in the sump via a float valve.

Can someone draw me up an electrical schematic to give to my friend so he can build this?

What I'm thinking is this: With the float valve on, two scenarios would be in effect, a) If the pH is below 8.3, the Aquacontroller would send a signal to a relay to open the solenoid to let water into the kalk reactor and then into the tank or b) if the pH is above 8.4, the AC would send a signal to the same relay to open the solenoid to let pure ro/di water into the tank.

Is this possible?

Also, since I'm going to be doing this, the Aquacontroller also has a conductivity probe to monitor salinity. I skim somewhat wet so on occasion I have to add salt water to make up for the water that was removed via the skimmer. Could I rig up the AC and an extra solenoid to add salt water to the tank if the salinity was dropping due to the skimmer removing the salt?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris:

That is one of the things that I am going to do with my AC Pro once I get it from you - but - you cannot send the same output from the a single solenoid to two different places from a plumbing perspective - you would need 2 different solenoids one that filled the Kalk reactor and the other feeds the sump/tank directly - the electrical schematic is easy once you had the 2 solenoids on the same RO/DI output - you can use the same float switch - then you would program the AC Pro to make a decision based on 2 parameters - if float switch is activated and PH is below 8.3 then activate solenoid #1 to fill Kalk reactor which will send water to the tank until float switch opens and "B", if float switch is activated and PH is over 8.3 then activate solenoid #2 to fill tank directly from RO/DI. You would need a "T" connector on the RO/DI output and connect one end of the "T" to solenoid #1 and the other end of the "T" to solenoid #2. You would power each solenoid separately (separate transformers) and connect to each to a separate DC4 (DC8) outlet.

Chris

I am currently using solenoids from Spectrapure used for a few of their automatic top off packages (they do sell the solenoid, wiring harness and transformer separately) - of course their soleniods are totally marine water / RO/DI water safe - they are plastic where ever the parts come in contact with the water - which you need for RO/DI or Marine water contact - if they were brass or copper they would leach lead (for brass) and copper (for copper) so those solenoids cannot be used with RO/DI which is very reactive since it is stripped of all impurities or salt water which is very corrosive - of course - Kalkwasser is also very caustic which will react with copper and/or brass - so in short the soleniod parts that come in contact with the water must be either plastic or stainless steel -

ChrisColt

Back