Keeping SPS at 21C, 1.0235 Salinity and 6.3 Alk.....

Hi Andrew
Thanks, it is clean and I have started dosing KNo3 this week as the nitrate is zero I have tried all the other snake oils but they make no difference .I use TM bio actif salt so will do the water change.
many thanks
Bill

I don't believe in dosing bottled nitrates and phos - it's not the same as the real thing.

Just tip 30 - 50ml of skimmate from the display tank skimmer into the frag tank water tonight after lights out. That is stuff all and will do nothing except give you amazing PE.

It's not poison :)

Andrew
Will do just doing the water change, Ive never dosed it before I was just clutching at straws having read it in somebody thread.
Bill

Andrew
Will do just doing the water change, Ive never dosed it before I was just clutching at straws having read it in somebody thread.
Bill

I would think you would see some sort of color reaction within a week if it is indeed just a case of the water lacking in a few things that are perhaps being maintained within your display system Bill.
Hope you work out what's up mate :thumbsup:

So, your telling me, with low alk, temp, and salinity I can get colors like yours?!?

I wouldn't presume to tell you anything Connor, your display is much nice than mine mate. :)

image.jpg

Frag of what i hoped might be wild pikachu because it had a red hue to the branch skin with fluoro tips - not looking good. :(

One of the two super blue tennuis that Sustainable Reef's aquaculture and send to stupid places overseas. :mad: Dave tried to tell me that they basically look identical, i told you about it after he visited with Sam. Sammy could see the other one is bluer and has purpley blue radial polyps along with blue axial polyps - good guy is Sammy and he knows his stuff when it comes to SPS :thumbsup:

The middle frag was given to me by Sam. Don't really need to say much about that one.......

image.jpg

This blue coral makes me want to cry.. that's all..
So I went out and got some calibration solution and a AF kh kit..
Af says 6.2, salifert says 6.5... either way, I gotta boost things a tiny bit because it's dropping again..
As for calibration, using ro water had my meter reading a few points low. I was at 1.023 before calibrating with the solution, after, I was at 1.026..
So, although things were a touch out of whack, not too bad for me.
Andrew take another picture of that blue coral so that I can kneel down before it and whip myself with horse hair and dried cat gut.

And now that it's been a week or so since your discovery, any changes?
Besides the monster you added to the tank??

Back