Kessil a360w

hipusmc

Need your comments. Since I purchased the a360w I noticed the colors just dont pop as well as my 250w Phoenix bulbs on my corals. Don't get me wrong the ability to control the intenisty is awesome I just don't feel as though the zoas I just purchased the color is to my satisfaction. I did enormous research before I traded in my a350w for this a360w. I know the leds are stronger than what I'm visually seeing. The tanks is bright and the shimmer is great its just the color don't pop like the mh. Should I invest in the a150w deep ocean blue? What are your thought? Thanks

my6u9a8u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365110314117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365110314117.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365110323092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365110323092.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365110334013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365110334013.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365110348844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365110348844.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365110367594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365110367594.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 0
not sure what you mean by your statement, but if you are lowering the blues, it should get darker as the spectrum is different. Clockwise is for sky blue and counterclockwise gives you the deep ocean blue. I'm loving mine so far.

Oh... Lol didn't know that thanks. So would it work if I buy the a150w deep ocean blue as an actinic supplement to the a360?

But is it me galoot but when the blues are all the way down the zoos color really pop but when I go whites at 100 and the blues say around 30% it's perfect to my liking but the colors are really bland. Hope you understand. Thanks

I dont have the 360 but my a350w pops colors at 100 blue/ 50% white

pink toady
picture.php

EDIT: sorry, the pic was at 100% blue led and maybe 10% white

Could it be my that maybe my tank is too new.. Up and running for 2.5 weeks now. And all parameter are zero..got diatoms now..but slower disappearing.

could be a little. without the calcerous growth and microalgaes all over, you could be bouncing alot of light off the rock and sand. That may appear to be washing things out a bit. I think you just need to play with the settings more to find your sweet spot. There is a lot of adjustability to those lights.

I'm sure someone who has found their zone with the 360 will chime in.

Yours really pumps out the light for sure!!!

Here are mine at full power and sky blue.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GP9ZqD7ghDk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and another somewhere in-between. I changed the white balance on my phone otherwise it looked too blue
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZA3UHJ-ZgOg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

btw, filmed on my htc rezound

you're getting a great amount of light at the bed. I like the mix in the first video a little better.

are you dead center on the tank from front to back? It looks like you can easily raise the units at least 4 more inches to get even more coverage to the back without losing much par at the bottom. These lights are so easy to play with!!!!

gotta love the shimmer on these things!!

Looking great!!!!

Couple question those with the a360w

Hey have you guys noticed that when you dial down the intensity it cuts off at say 15% instead of 0???

Is that normal??

Would it be ok to use the blue at its lowest setting before the point where the lights cuts off as a moon light? Because it still looks too bright at the lowest setting as a moonlight. Thanks

Couple question those with the a360w

Hey have you guys noticed that when you dial down the intensity it cuts off at say 15% instead of 0???

Is that normal??
- Yes. For the light it power on, at least with the reefkeeper ALC, it needs to sense 10% voltage. The color channel is always available no matter what it set at.

Would it be ok to use the blue at its lowest setting before the point where the lights cuts off as a moon light? Because it still looks too bright at the lowest setting as a moonlight. Thanks
Yes. It still puts out quite a bit of light to be considered a moonlight, so it's up to you. I run mine that way for the last hour or so. Totally blue and the intensity slowing ramping down until it turns off.

Back