Kessil light options for a Waterbox Marine X 90.3

t0mmy108

Hi! I just ordered a Waterbox Marine X 90.3 (60gallon display)which measures 35.4" x 19.7" x 21.7" along with one Kessil AP9X. I plan to create an SPS dominated tank. Technically, the light fixture is rated to support this size tank but I've noticed that there are several people who decided that this single light alone wasn't enough for optimum SPS growth and color given everything else in their system is optimal. Is this a valid conclusion based on customer feedback and in house testing? If I wanted to add additional Kessil lighting, would it be better to go with one more AP9X and run them right next to eachother? Or perhaps add two A360X or A360XE on both sides of the AP9X?

I have the option of buying two used A360X or two new A360XE. Any suggestions and experiences with this proposed setup are appreciated!

Best,
Tom

Last edited:
I do not run kessil so please take this for what it’s worth.

Looking at price alone, I’d go with another AP9X (slightly cheaper than two new A360)

With that said, I also take hobbyist opinion with more weight than a manufacturers.

Another option, unless you’re looking for that single app control, is stick with one AP9X, see how it suits you and then maybe grab a couple Quanta Pro LED bars to cover any missing coverage in the future. Or even stick with the one and then if you determine you need more, then get another AP9X or the A360’s

Just some thoughts.

One won’t be enough for your tank. I have single A360 on my 24g cube and it’s perfect for that. A 90g will need one or two more. Two would work if you have islands on either side of the tank

Back