New Equipment Checklist for Waterbox Marine X 90.3

mdeleon1

Going to start purchasing equipment to support my Waterbox 90.3 tank. It will ne a fish, LPS and soft coral.

Would love input on a checklist of items to purchase! Anything & everything. As much automation as possible.

Tank: 35.4" × 19.7" × 21.7"
Total Volume with RO: 342 L/90.2 gals
Aquarium Volume: 224 L/59.3 gals

In-cabinet sump
Dimensions: 31.5" × 16.1 × 15"
Sump Volume: 117 L/31 gals
Skimmer Chamber: 15.3" × 13.5"
Pump Chamber: 8.3" × 5.9"
RO Reservoir: 8.3" × 9.6" × 14.1"
RO Volume: 18.3 L/4.8 gals

I apologize for a generic answer, but I guess the question is do you want more one system total control or total control across a few systems.

Most controllers can do much through a single controller with the right add ons including Neptune, GHL, and Hydros.

Pretty much full automation can be achieved with the exception of certain tests. It just depends on budget.

The systems above can be designed with the right coding/add on parts, to automate water changes, testing of many of the primary water parameters, light control, water flow control, dosing supplements, etc.

For example, Neptune Apex:

Depending what base apex system you get, you can get up to PH monitor, ORP, temp monitoring, etc

The Neptune Dos you can set up dosing as well as use them for automatic water changes.

The Neptune Trident allows for automated testing of Mag, Calcium, and Alk

The Neptune Wav pumps flow can controlled as well (both speed and wave style)

The Neptune Sky light allows for light control

The Neptune ATK controls auto top off

The Neptune LDK (I think) does leak detection

Certain add ons can also allow apex to control Vortech wavemakers.

It all varies but Neptune, Hydros and GHL all have similar systems that can control the above. I think GHL has the most comprehensive automated testing system (Ion Director).

It all depends what you want. I use apex on my 65 but I’m still more of a manual guy so I don’t use a lot of the features it can do.

Others may have other opinions.

I apologize for a generic answer, but I guess the question is do you want more one system total control or total control across a few systems.

Most controllers can do much through a single controller with the right add ons including Neptune, GHL, and Hydros.

Pretty much full automation can be achieved with the exception of certain tests. It just depends on budget.

The systems above can be designed with the right coding/add on parts, to automate water changes, testing of many of the primary water parameters, light control, water flow control, dosing supplements, etc.

For example, Neptune Apex:

Depending what base apex system you get, you can get up to PH monitor, ORP, temp monitoring, etc

The Neptune Dos you can set up dosing as well as use them for automatic water changes.

The Neptune Trident allows for automated testing of Mag, Calcium, and Alk

The Neptune Wav pumps flow can controlled as well (both speed and wave style)

The Neptune Sky light allows for light control

The Neptune ATK controls auto top off

The Neptune LDK (I think) does leak detection

Certain add ons can also allow apex to control Vortech wavemakers.

It all varies but Neptune, Hydros and GHL all have similar systems that can control the above. I think GHL has the most comprehensive automated testing system (Ion Director).

It all depends what you want. I use apex on my 65 but I’m still more of a manual guy so I don’t use a lot of the features it can do.

Others may have other opinions.
This is exactly the type of responses and input I need. I do plan to be hands on versus just sitting back and having automation run it all. I just want it to help me monitor and maintain tank.

This is exactly the type of responses and input I need. I do plan to be hands on versus just sitting back and having automation run it all. I just want it to help me monitor and maintain tank.

Really the controller system can be as basic or as advanced as you want to make it. I mean if you were to buy all the Neptune stuff listed brand new your probably looking around $3k or so.

Now with current sales you may be able to save a significant chunk of change too.

With that said, I do like to give my opinion. I have the Neptune ATK. It is currently sitting in a storage box as I’ve went through 3 pumps in less than 2 years (I have a bad habit of letting my ATO get low and the pmup pump is supposed to shut off automatically but they burned out). I now run a Kamoer system and it’s been great.

That also said, I’m not a one controller snob. I have the Apex but I also run Geenie Smart Strips, and I’ll soon be running the Jebao app

I’d just recommend researching what you want and see what controller may work best.

Back