Kid on the way, tank going out - WTS all

jauld

Hey Guys,

Just found out my first kid is on the way, so I need to make some space since my office is being turned into a baby room.

My tank is relatively new, having been setup only since December 2014. I would like to sell the following as a package deal:

Tank: Nuvo fusion 30L. I tore out all of the filtration, so it is now a rimless 36” x 15” x 13” ($350)
Overflow: Mame design overflow with silencer cap. It is made of hand blown glass. Comes with a second unit missing one piece in-case you break something like I did ;) ($205 x2)
Return pump: 1 week old SICCE 3.0. Pump burned out on me when I was on vaca last week, just had to purchase this new one ($110)
Light: ATI 36 Inch 4x39W Dimmable SunPower T5 High-Output Fixture w/ Controller. Purchased January 15 ($489)
Sump: Custom built advanced acrylics 24"x12"15 diamond series. has refugium and ill throw in the light fixture I have. Grew cheato like crazy. ($205)
Skimmer: Aquamaxx Co1 in like new condition ($289)
Reactor: IM desktop reactor. Worked fine for just running carbon and GFO. ($100)
Circulation: Vortech MP10 non-wireless white body. ($200 something)
Auto top off: Avast marine ATO with 6 gallon reservoir. ($100+)
Controller: Aquacontroller Jr. Its old, but works perfectly ($250 new)
Stand: Tall modern look. Stained a greyish color, adjustable shelf ($300 to build)

The system is currently running. Stuff needs cleaned. There are a couple masked gobies, a barnacle blenny, a elongate dottyback, and a random damsel. Really nice rose bubble tip, big open brain, ORA clam. All this I will throw in with the sale. Prob $200 in livestock in there + live rock.

All of the above cost me just about $3k, not including live stock, and all the test kits, which are basically brand new. I will also be throwing them in (hanna phos /w extra reg, some salifert, some redsea)

Looking for $1300 for the package.

PM me or post below.

Photos!
This is the most recent FTS I have of the tank. Tank does not currently look like this. I havnt had time to maintain it.

Full build thread can be found here with more pictures.

Top of the line setup bros. Help me fund my babys room! =P

Kid on the way, tank going out - WTS all

Bad reason to get rid of your tank. Trust me in the end you'll spend more time at home and end up buying a new one again.

People always want to go crazy and sell stuff when they have a new child. Reality is they really won't offset your money that much.

Bad reason to get rid of your tank. Trust me in the end you'll spend more time at home and end up buying a new one again.

People always want to go crazy and sell stuff when they have a new child. Reality is they really won't offset your money that much.

I agree. I also agree that first child is a daunting task! Maybe scale back the tank? My kids love my tank and the older they get the more they love it. It provides loads of stimulation. Either way GLWS!

I agree. I also agree that first child is a daunting task! Maybe scale back the tank? My kids love my tank and the older they get the more they love it. It provides loads of stimulation. Either way GLWS!

I second. My daughter has taken to the fish and inverts. She also knows what coral is. And always ask to feed the fish. Pretty soon I'll have her dumping the skimmer cup by age 4. Lol

I second. My daughter has taken to the fish and inverts. She also knows what coral is. And always ask to feed the fish. Pretty soon I'll have her dumping the skimmer cup by age 4. Lol

Pshhh my 1 year old son is fascinated by skimmer bubbles lol we both look at the tank for a couple minutes make sure it's running correctly than I rock him to sleep to blindingly bright led splash all over the room

Attachments

• rps20150819_202715.jpg
    rps20150819_202715.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
My son has a history of throwing stuff in my tank, busting corals and creating lots of free and cheap frags for the locals. My daughter goes psycho over the tank. She pulls up a chair, stands on it, screams like a banshee and bangs on the glass...."look....LOOK DADDEEEEEE! FISH!!!!! SHRIMP!!!!!!!! SNAILS!!!!!!!!"

The others are probably right about not selling it off. Maybe wait until after the baby comes and then decide if you still want to.

Back