Killing mushrooms

CHizer

I've got quite a lot of shrooms in my tank. They make a nice, pretty back ground when they're in check but they are starting to get a little too close to my expensive stuff. Most of the infested rocks are supporting the larger structure and can't easily be removed.

The internet reading is saying cut them off and wait for them to come back or get an aggressive coral (galaxia?) and let it sting them. I like the idea of the second one but a few are already close to the sps. Do you guys have any ideas?

What about a majano wand? Would this be worth it to try?

I don't see why a mojano wand wouldn't work, it should kill anything. just be cautious about slime/chemicals/etc if you kill a number of them at once.

I've got quite a lot of shrooms in my tank. They make a nice, pretty back ground when they're in check but they are starting to get a little too close to my expensive stuff. Most of the infested rocks are supporting the larger structure and can't easily be removed.

The internet reading is saying cut them off and wait for them to come back or get an aggressive coral (galaxia?) and let it sting them. I like the idea of the second one but a few are already close to the sps. Do you guys have any ideas?

What about a majano wand? Would this be worth it to try?

I have tried kalk paste, aptasia x, direct injection of both kalk and aptasia x with a veterinarian syringe and both did nothing ....I had a whole tank of neon green mushrooms I ended up getting new rock when I transfered livestock to the new tank... good luck I hope you find a way I would love to know because a few neon green hitchhikers followed along to my new tank.

Don't put a Galaxea in your tank anywhere near your prized corals. That is one of the most lethal corals out there. I wouldn't kill them in the tank either. They are toxic. Cut as much off as possible with a razor then smother the remnants in epoxy. Give it a few weeks and then pop the epoxy off your rock work. If you find a few "small" sprouts inject it with vinegar.

Back