Knoxville Area LFS

I'm honestly not sure that there are any in between Knoxville and Crossville. The Coral Reef, Aquarium, and Aquatic Marine are all within Knoxville. The others we've talked about are mostly closed anyway.

I think there's one in Cookeville, which if I remember correctly is west of you a bit. I'm honestly not sure though.

Cookeville isn't a bad drive! Hopefully someone that remembers can chime in. Thank you!

P.S. When I was in Tampa, I kept a few high end Zoas that I fragged often and sold. Is there much demand around here for some occasional frags? I still have to buy a display tank up here first..lol..just wondering, though. :)

I miss Tampa so much..sigh..good stores and lots of hobbyists..

Unfortunately I don't think anyone from TN frequents this forum anymore. I haven't lived there in over 3 years. I probably miss TN about as much as you do FL... :( Sadness that ETRC forum has become defunct like the Tennessee Reefers Forum...

They are...Voldemort.

No one from either the ETRC or MTRC posts here anymore. It sucks. I wish it was more popular too.

Randy, I miss TN too...a lot sometimes. At least I've got family there and an excuse to go back! Did you guys sell that house in Oak Ridge?

I just visited aquatic marine last weak and was wondering in you guys opinion what was the best store in Knoxville. I go out to Knoxville from johnson city.

Aquatic Marine and Coral Reef are the best options. Aquarium worth a look too, but not as good as the other two.

Any loungers in here? I'm in knoxville for a few more weeks, looking to find other people to hang out with besides my class. I'm here for military training.

I'm pretty sure Mike moved to go to school. I think he's up in the North East somewhere.

Voldemort.

Hey sorry I just got back to Nebraska. I had a blast down there. Yep I was at McGhee Tyson. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

I am located in the Tri-Cities.
I browsed through the threads and from what I understand there is no East Tennessee Club of any kind actually in place, physically?
No livestock/breeding/corral swaps of any sort?
I wonder if creating an aquatic club would be worthy of putting effort into?
Thoughts?

[Mod Edit: Please, if something is on our censor respect that we don't wish to have it advertised on here. Thanks - RC Staff]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am located in the Tri-Cities.
I browsed through the threads and from what I understand there is no East Tennessee Club of any kind actually in place, physically?
No livestock/breeding/corral swaps of any sort?
I wonder if creating an aquatic club would be worthy of putting effort into?
Thoughts?

There is in fact a East Tn Reef Club, we use a different forum that isn't allowed to be mentioned on ReefCentral.

I'm not even sure which ones are there anymore. Used to be Aquatic Marine, The Aquarium, and Coral Reef. Coral Reef is in Jefferson City now, not Knoxville proper, I believe.

Back