Leaky Tank Fix

PabloRock

Hello all. Haven't been here in quite a while. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a fairly large tank that sprung a leak. I believe it's a 75 show (it's about 4'x1'x3') and it's built into the wall. My original plan was to build a new tank out of plywood using the front and sides of this one to make something around 200+ gal. But sadly didn't get to it and now moving out of state. I would ideally like to seal this one up and put in some freshwater fish just to be able to show it works for the sale of my house (it was a salt non-reef tank). The leak occurred when the top frame cracked and leaked out the corner to almost halfway. Luckily I was sitting in that room when that happened and was able to save the room from total flooding. My question to the group how easily is this repaired. Will a new frame and sealing that side from the inside be enough, or do I need to actually remove the glass to reseal? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. Paul.

I agree with Vinny. To properly reseal, the tank it’s usually taking it apart, cleaning all the old silicone out and putting new on.

With that said a terrarium or vivarium would look nice or could take off the front glass and make it a bar display area?

Thanks for the replies. Was afraid it wouldn't work. I'll figure out something to do with it. Maybe I will put a lizard in it for now (just need to do something with it).

Back