LED Fixture Recommendations

Itchy Trigger

I've been away from the hobby for a few years. Getting back to it now, and looking for a light fixture for a 75g. It's likely going to be a freshwater tank but I want to go with some sparkly LEDs on it. I used to use Kessils and AI lights on my old tanks (fresh and marine). I loved those but was wondering if perhaps there were some new lights that are just as good or better, or if perhaps some of the more affordable options are actually just as good. Someone recommended the Fluval Smart LED 3.0 as a really good alternative. I do like the idea of the fixture resting on the aquarium rim as opposed to suspended above the tank. But I want that super sparkly, shimmery look that high end LEDs give. Thoughts? Suggestions? Admonitions? :)

I've been away from the hobby for a few years. Getting back to it now, and looking for a light fixture for a 75g. It's likely going to be a freshwater tank but I want to go with some sparkly LEDs on it. I used to use Kessils and AI lights on my old tanks (fresh and marine). I loved those but was wondering if perhaps there were some new lights that are just as good or better, or if perhaps some of the more affordable options are actually just as good. Someone recommended the Fluval Smart LED 3.0 as a really good alternative. I do like the idea of the fixture resting on the aquarium rim as opposed to suspended above the tank. But I want that super sparkly, shimmery look that high end LEDs give. Thoughts? Suggestions? Admonitions? :)

https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-reef-lights/82-45-sbox-freshwater-extreme-wifi-.html

Shimmer is a product of surface agitation and point light sources..

Back