LED lighting for 90 gal

Just realized you're dealing with a center brace. I'd get two smaller units instead of one larger one.
Ah. The spill over as you mentioned was a concern of mine as it is in our living room that is very dark to enjoy movies etc. And besides our snake tank is the only other light in the room.

Also I have a 48" coralife now over the tank with the center brace and it hasn't really caused any serious "dark" spots. Think the reef breeder would? I plan to have it mounted in a canopy.

Excuse the ghetto rig I currently have lol. But the plan is to have the 32" fit into pictured ceiling mounted canopy, with enough room to work between canopy and tank.

My nightmare for the last year has been a screened top with the flourscent fixture on top in the back and the coralife in the canopy. Pretty much hit, bang, break, curse, scream..come any significant maintenance time. Can not wait to get this simplified!

d593c90c6ef88b1eeea764a6f810bf91.jpg

If you're not seeing shadows currently the I would say the 32" would be fine. I doubt you'll be keeping sps on the very ends of the tank anyways. There might be slight hint of shadows in the very corners but that will depend on your rock work. My last LED light was only 35" long and the LEDs didn't run end to end and I had no issues with shadowing..

Back