LED who hs the bug.

Think that they were at macna and I was watching a video of them not that long agao I will see if I can find it.

I think that it was on the Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine on Facebook that i saw it.

As you can see, I've got the bug

I was disappointed when I failed in my attempt at bringing my tank to Nashville; but I got motivated with a new challenge in the nano and the LED set-up. I'm absolutely thrilled with the quality of the Radion. If you can afford it then I think it is worth every penny. The only question I personally have is how the corals will respond in growth and coloration - as you can see from the photo I won't have that answer any time soon :headwally:

Anyone recognize the tank from a previous nano TOTM?

very nice, I just picked up two orphek bulbs, the PR-25 & PR-ML7. One has blue and uv and the other has blue and white, I like them both, the PR-25 is a little pricy but lights up a dark spot I had very nice. I have a dimmer for them but dont need it since my tank is 31" deep.

the bug is contagious I see. I picked up the vertex illumina 260, but still need to get the new tank up and running, hopefully soon.

Love my DIY CREE's so far up 4 months on new SPS tank.

Pros; No chiller needed (low heat), electric bill much lower. Love controlling light color and intensity. Low maintenance (bulb changes). Great appearance.

Cons: high up front cost,variability in intensity and color can lead to under or over lighting corals. PAR meter would help this. More options (mix of LED, optics, distance, % power) means finding which "recipes" are best takes more study. Still evolving

Back