Let's Ride Reef Riders!

WingnutSr

This trip will be to St. Augustine, FL. Will Saturday August 18th be ok with those wanting to go? This is the only weekend I have availble this month.
I have a nice route planned, no expressways! It will be a long ride there, maybe 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Orlando, Mont Verdi, Astatula, Eustis, Umatilla, Ocal Natn'l Forest, Salt Springs (planned fuel and rest stop), Palatka and then into St. Augustine. Long, but a very nice ride. I have rode SR19 thru the forest before, and it is nice.
We will also have a chase vehicle. My wife will be following with our 2 daughters in our van. So extra item can be taken with us.
We (me and my family) will be staying over night. Others are welcome to do so too. Will be heading back to home at leisure
Sunday the 19th.
Sound good?

Sounds like a nice ride, i wish i had the time to go. When you are mapping your route, at Tavares, from sr19, take a right on old 441 (Alexander st.) and take it to Bay Rd. Make a left at Bay Rd., and cut over to sr19 north through Eustis. Depending on timing, Zellies at the corner of Bay Rd., and sr.19 is a great place to eat lunch. New 441 through that stretch is under construction, and barely safe to ride on. Lots of grated surfaces, and terrible exits. The traffic through there is a bear also. Also watch your speed to the letter through Umatilla. Other then that, you are in for a great ride. Honk as you ride by me on Bay Rd. lol, you will see my ZRX1200r sitting on the front porch lol.

Thanks for the tip!!! I forgot about the construction.
Just join us as we pass by. Why do today, what can be put off 'til tomorrow?

Lol, I wish i could, but i have a 5 month old and a 2 year old, that i have to tend to these days. You will notice the front yard looks like a Daycare playground lol.

Sounds Good to Me!
I'll check with the Boss to be sure.
We will just be getting back from our annual bike trip up north.
This year we rented a Street Glide in NH and will be riding up to Bar Harbor in Maine. I can't wait - I need this vacation - baaad....

Jean and I are heading out for a breakfast ride this Sunday if you want to meet up.
No place in particular - just a fun ride up thru Lake County or ??

Nick

We are good to go :D

Unfortunately, Jean can't get any deals on hotels - all the employee rates are sold out for that weekend.

Let's see what we can come up with - I'd love to get a place on the beach!

Nick

Last edited:
Hey Nick,
We can do a Sunday ride, but like brunch or lunch. Can't get away until about 10 AM. Kids have church things going on, and we can't skip it.
John.

The "Reef Riders" is an un-official group of us who are members of ORCA that enjoy riding motorcycles. If any one would like to participate and ride with us, please feel free to do so. Just drop a note here and join in the fun!
And those of you who prefer to ride on 4 wheels, well come on along too! The more, the merrier! This all about getting out and having fun.
Meeting place location will be posted here soon, and route maps will be available.

Sorry RR's... We've already got plans to ride out with our HOG Chapter to Crystal River that weekend for an over nighter.... Have a safe run and we'll look forward to the next ride.

Cheers!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10479709#post10479709 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nauti1us
Sorry RR's... We've already got plans to ride out with our HOG Chapter to Crystal River that weekend for an over nighter.... Have a safe run and we'll look forward to the next ride.

Cheers!

We will have more fun than yoooooooou! Nah- nah nah na nah-nah!!! :dance: :beachbum:

Hope you kids have a safe and fun time!!! Looking forward to our next ride.
John

We will be leaving this coming Saturday morning at 8:30 AM.
Meeting point will be the Denny's on SR 50 in Ocoee, just east of SR 429. Kick stands up and car doors close at 8:45 AM.
Please show up with full gas tanks and ready to go.
Again, ALL are welcome to go along for the ride.
We are going to historic St. Augustine, FL. Go for the day, or the weekend.

Update on the constuction on 441. They opened the north bound lanes on 441, so the Bay rd. detour isn't needed. They have nice new blacktop the whole way now. On the way back is a different story. If you are mapping out for the people returning, send them back by way of Bay rd. and old 441. The south bound lanes on 441 are a constuction nightmare. They don't seem to consider motorcycles at all when they cut those swirvey lines all over everything.

Back