Lets See Your Armor Of God Polyps!

Found some 14k no actinic shots

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7510190#post7510190 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
Yoshio... what lighting is the 2nd pic in. Mine look more orange with more actinics. I really like the 2nd pic.

My polyps are decent size, definitely larger than the average zoanthid, but not quite as big as my PPEs.

hey josh, the second pic (with the turbo snail poop on the polyp) was taken with just a flash (i used to keep my small frags of 'nice' stuff in my hob aquaclear turned fuge). i keep my colony under 20k and 14k right now and they still keep the red color-- i'll snap a recent pic of a frag i have of them later. :)

also, in the first pic i posted you can see how orange the armageddons looked in my tank (that pic was under 96w of 50/50 pc)-- they're in the left corner and straight from the man (jeremy) himself. :)

beautiful pics! my armor of gods are easily the size of dimes.

of topic a bit...i received 4 armageddon polyps yesterday. they are maybe pencil eraser size now. will they get to dime size like these armor of gods? or are they typically smaller?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7514196#post7514196 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarvinsReef
how are the AOG compared to platinum Redds?

Marvin

fragglereef was calling these platinum reds before they knew what they were. I'm not exactly sure that they're the same thing, but they are similar.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7514777#post7514777 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
fragglereef was calling these platinum reds before they knew what they were. I'm not exactly sure that they're the same thing, but they are similar.

I'm getting a frag of Platinum Reds.. I'll post some pics when I get them.. maybe next week..

Marvin

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7517115#post7517115 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MarvinsReef
I'm getting a frag of Platinum Reds.. I'll post some pics when I get them.. maybe next week..

Marvin

Cool, thanks Marvin. Maybe we'll have to swap and see how they look side by side :)

Here are the ones I just got from Fragge reef....The picture is a little dark, they are also getting bigger as they acclimate to my system the are a little bigger then a eraser now.....
What do ya think? Armor of GOD?

DSCN9930.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7517313#post7517313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
Here are the ones I just got from Fragge reef....The picture is a little dark, they are also getting bigger as they acclimate to my system the are a little bigger then a eraser now.....
What do ya think? Armor of GOD?

DSCN9930.jpg

Hmmm... possibly. Mine are quite a bit larger than a pencil eraser. Your purple in the center is a bit more abundant than mine and yoshi's

They like more like these to me (smaller version, more red/pink)
Also, from my tank. I just snapped a quick shot from my tank.

DSC00987crop.jpg

Notice the slight difference, both in size and color.

AOGcrop.jpg

Yuck... my pic turned out really pink, but I hope you get the idea.

I'll snap another pic when I get back home, or I"ll find an old archived one.

Yours are very nice either way!

Well Like I said they have only been in the tank for 24 hrs.....I have a little brighter lights then they were under too so we will see......The red does go to the center but it is not as bright right now....So I don't know yet if they will brighten up after awhile under my lights.....If not I'm still happy with them....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7518126#post7518126 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
Well Like I said they have only been in the tank for 24 hrs.....I have a little brighter lights then they were under too so we will see......The red does go to the center but it is not as bright right now....So I don't know yet if they will brighten up after awhile under my lights.....If not I'm still happy with them....

I would be happy with them too. They look great. :)

i bought mine as a two polyp frag from fragglereef maybe a month ago...they have grown to the size of a dime at least and the centers turned a really bright pink. they are beautiful! you will not be disappointed. and mine are already sprouting 3 babies which i am very excited about.

Back