LF 20L Sump, ATO

Mw1981

Before I hit up petco was wondering if anyone has a 20L sump laying around that they don't need, or an ATO. Also looking for powerheads.

Sorry for all the questions just ready to finally get this on the road.

I am currently running both of the following on my two tanks. They have been working wonderfully for me and they are both fairly cheap.
-Innovative Marine - Hydrofill Ti Titanium - ATO Controller Auto Top Off System
-JBJ Automatic Top Off

(These are both available on Amazon Prime, if you have it)

The Hydrofill doesnt have moving sensors and the sensors are more compact than the float sensors that the JBJ Auto top off uses. and for the pump I just use an TOM Aqualifter.

As for powerheads, I bit the bullet and got the classic Ecotech MPQDw series from online. It works incredibly but it was very costly, I suggest you be patient to find a used powerhead on RC, as long a your filter return flow gives enough water movement right now.

I made my 20 long fuge and its been great for the past 3 years.

Just get some glass panes from Homedepot, glass cutting tool, some sand paper and aquarium sealant. Research some designs and you can easily make your own. Some tips, unless your protein skimmer is creating a crazy amount of micro bubbles, two bubble trap baffles are not really needed, one will work perfectly right before the return pump or right after the skimmer.

Nice, does that kit have any safety logic implemented into it to shut off in the case that it stays on for too long? Or is it strictly just a relay controlled by the float switch?

Back