LF: healthy fish

Bluemon

I was pretty much fallow during covid because I saw covid as a good excuse to eradicate ich completely

I had some old ich resistant fish who were around that died several months ago from old age.

Looking to restock the tank, and was wondering if anyone is looking to rehome their fish.

I'm in the Irvine area but I'm willing to drive a bit for healthy fish.

It's a 150g tank, looking for clown fish, a few smaller tangs, wrasses, and definitely a blue trigger if anyone has them.

I know fish are harder to look for than coral frags but hope someone can help!

I would simply buy fish from someone who completely QT's their fish or provides that service. I buy all of my fish from Adam at Ocean Devotion LA. You have a clean slate, why risk it by buying fish that are "healthy" from someone who might have parasites in their system? Or learn how to properly QT yourself and prevent future outbreaks from happening.

I would simply buy fish from someone who completely QT's their fish or provides that service. I buy all of my fish from Adam at Ocean Devotion LA. You have a clean slate, why risk it by buying fish that are "healthy" from someone who might have parasites in their system? Or learn how to properly QT yourself and prevent future outbreaks from happening.
I agree. @Dr. Reef is a sponsor of RC

You can go to Reef Factory In Placentia he pre qt’s his fish and does it the right way super knowledgeable guy and has a small local fish store. I buy all my fish from him and him only after so many bad experiences. his prices are fair also for the size and quality of his fish. He also special orders

You can go to Reef Factory In Placentia he pre qt’s his fish and does it the right way super knowledgeable guy and has a small local fish store. I buy all my fish from him and him only after so many bad experiences. his prices are fair also for the size and quality of his fish. He also special orders
Just curious, but what is his QT process?

Just curious, but what is his QT process?
I don’t want to write something inaccurate as just a customer so I’ll ask for details and then I’ll update the post but I know he uses copper and frequent water changes. he doesn’t share water in his tanks and uses a symptom free of x amount of days before releasing them for sale. I know that for certain but he also treats for internal parasites I think If I'm not mistaken.Ive never had a single issue with any fish I've bought from him. He also feeds 5x daily and gets them use to a wide variety before selling. so its honestly a lot better than most LFS

Last edited:
Does anyone know of someone who helps Qt fish in So cal? I’m neck deep right now and need someone to throw me a float but have no hobbiest friends 🥲

Not to sound insensitive, but the best method to ensure healthy fish is to quarantine yourself. Diseases do not manifest from nowhere. If you only bought from one store, and you have ich now then you got it from the same store. there is a possibility you got contaminated water when you introduced your corals...(which is why a lot of people qt corals as well) but most likely it came in with the fish.

Not to sound insensitive, but the best method to ensure healthy fish is to quarantine yourself. Diseases do not manifest from nowhere. If you only bought from one store, and you have ich now then you got it from the same store. there is a possibility you got contaminated water when you introduced your corals...(which is why a lot of people qt corals as well) but most likely it came in with the fish.
I got one watchman from a friend who was taking apart his tank. The fish was symptom free and what not but that’s the only fish ive gotten not from him but it’s been in the last 2 weeks. friend said I wouldn’t need to qt because the fish was good and he has an “ick free tank” but I now know there is no such thing. Such a tiny fish such a big effect

INCORRECT!!!! I went to his shop about a month ago and most of his fish were sick w ich so that's impossible that he qts all his fish. Even some of his powder blue tangs in his display tanks had spots.

INCORRECT!!!! I went to his shop about a month ago and most of his fish were sick w ich so that's impossible that he qts all his fish. Even some of his powder blue tangs in his display tanks had spots.
Really???? that’s crazy!! I’m only a client like I said so I’m not 100% on everything he has just been really transparent with me I felt. he has my Gem tang in a Qt at his store right now. I’m sweating bullets

I got one watchman from a friend who was taking apart his tank. The fish was symptom free and what not but that’s the only fish ive gotten not from him but it’s been in the last 2 weeks. friend said I wouldn’t need to qt because the fish was good and he has an “ick free tank” but I now know there is no such thing. Such a tiny fish such a big effect
in most cases i trust "used" fish more than i trust LFS. My bet is you got it from the LFS. either way, you gotta QT.

Back