lfs in Tampa area???

Dawn II

Premium Member
On Sat, the 25th, we're going to Tampa to the Lowry Zoo. Any good shops for coral in Tampa, or between here and there? Thank you, Dawn.

Dawn,
Try Coral Connection in Sarsota as well, don't bother with Seascapes or the new one next to it. I think it's called Seaclear or something like that. Neither had much coral selection at all.

Yes, check out coral connections. Small shop, but they are clean, and nice people to deal with. Usually have a decent selection of corals, they have a frag setup going as well.

I have not yet made it to Aquarium Arc myself yet. But most all speak well of it. If you go to the ACROS local section on RC, look back up to 100 day, i believe on page 3 there is a thread about them. i'm on a bad connection and cannot link right now.

After Lowry Zoo- and by the way, if you have kids, it's one of the best- hand feed giraffes, pet penguin- close up and personal- we stopped at a few shops. We spent more time at the zoo than anticipated! I liked them all, depends on what you're looking for. Marine Warehouse had large vats with muliples of hammers, etc- priced by vat. All in this one $49.00, etc. Rocking Reef- similar set up- neither having anything up scale the day I visited. Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff- very diverse, colorful (unusual) scolis running $200-$250.00, but offer 20% discount.Aquarium Architecture- gorgeous store- very diverse most prices posted on sheets on tanks. which I like, as I hate to ask every single price! Coral Connection- small, but good, diverse, selection, small frags avail.at reasonable prices, it was the last stop- so I made my purchases here. Very friendly staff. I would prob. return to Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff, Coral Connection, & perhaps, Aq. Arch.

Back