Life Rock...Anyone Using it ?

maroonman

I think I'm gonna try to replace some of my rock. And was thinking of purchasing ( life Rock ) Pet solutions has it for $3lb with free shipping.. Although ..I thought I saw one of our LFS selling it .. but can't remember where,
Do any of yall have this in your system? If so.. Pros? Cons? see a difference?

Most good LFS have it. I have seen a bunch at FAIOS, Marine Warehouse and in Brandon at Aquarium Store. I don't know the price per pound, but I do know they all have it.

I think I'm gonna try to replace some of my rock. And was thinking of purchasing ( life Rock ) Pet solutions has it for $3lb with free shipping.. Although ..I thought I saw one of our LFS selling it .. but can't remember where,
Do any of yall have this in your system? If so.. Pros? Cons? see a difference?

Thats what I'm using, no problems for me yet. Thats where I bought most of mine, Pet solutions, great deal ! Local stores are all 4.99- 5.99.

When comparing prices one must take in to consideration shipping cost.

Also with LFS you get to pick your product and not just take what is sent to you by the online store

Also my final two cents. If I were you I would by from your LFS on this purchase as the price will be very close to the same and you will be supporting somebody who you go and ask advice from. Just remember if we buy from online places all the time there is the potential that then LFS will close and then who would we get our advice from when we really need it

When comparing prices one must take in to consideration shipping cost.

Also with LFS you get to pick your product and not just take what is sent to you by the online store

Also my final two cents. If I were you I would by from your LFS on this purchase as the price will be very close to the same and you will be supporting somebody who you go and ask advice from. Just remember if we buy from online places all the time there is the potential that then LFS will close and then who would we get our advice from when we really need it

The shipping is Free. See above

John was talking about it with me. I like the idea of it interlocking without having to glue it or drilling it for acrylic rods.

Edit: my Mistake - Maybe this was the "real reef" rock...

Last edited:
I did most of my 125 gal with this stuff and will NOT be going back to "live rock" on any future builds.
my thought process was to buy it dry and get it from FAOIS or the place with $3 a lb ( that's a steal )
I was fortunate to win the raffle at FAOIS X-mas got a box of it and think it is high quality.
Literally rinsed it in RO water and built up my reef while the fish were in the tank..
couple notes:
+ No water discoloration
+Not harvesting out of the ocean
+Dry rock has zero parasites/aiptasia etc.

- I think it caused a PH swing but nothing too drastic...

Last edited:
Great....thanks for the Replies..ill swing by faois. To select my main pieces...and buy a bulk bag from online.

Back