lighting for zoos

johnmsct8astro

I have compact floreces and blue aticnic i want to get hte most out my color. i have an corallife light and would like to change bulbs can this be done. any information would help.

I am assuming your fixture is either 2x65 watt or 4 x65 watt. I think coral life has square pin and straight pin fixtures so you need to check to see if you have the square pin or the straight pin bulbs. If you have the four bulb unit, I would run 2 10k bulbs and 2 dual actinic bulbs. One of each on each side of your tank. If you want the tank to be brighter you can use a 50/50 bulb instead of the dual actinics. You tank would be brighter, but you would lose a little of the color. These bulbs are half blue and half white. If you have the square pin bulbs the sunpaq are supposed to be good dual actinics and I plan to replace my PC actinics with them. You can find a good variety of bulbs at www.premiumaquatics.com and good prices too. Good luck.

i have 4 65 watters . I appreciate the information so what your saying is get the 2 10 k bulbs and then get the sunpaq blue aticnics. thnax john

I gave up on the pc's for actinics. I have never found one yet that can match the look of some URI VHO super actinics... But I like the bright white of the 10K pc's over the 10K aquasun vho's.

The best pc actinic I have tried has been the hellolights brand one. Not sure who really makes it but hellolights.com sells it as thier own.

Back