Lighting Help..

chris_uk

Have read a few help pages but still cannot be sure my lighting is enough. I hhave checked it all this morning and I have 2 x 30w flourscent tubes one white one blueish (T8). I also have 2 x 55w PC white/blue mixed (T5). You can see from my sig what I have in my tank - is it sufficient or do I have to shell out for more expensive lighting?

Cheers
Chris.

What tpye of corals do you plan on keeping? I've kept tons of corals under flourscent lighting. ( shrooms, zoas, colve polyps, and many more.

At the moment I only have star polyps and some button coral. A couple of mushrooms in there as well. I want to get some zoas as well but the aim in the end is to have a big anemone for my clownfish - I think that might be out of reach right now with my lighting :/

If you want an anemone, you'll going to need pretty good lighting. I would look into upgradeing to MH lights.

Like they said, if you want low light corals then the lighting you have is sufficient. If you really want an anemone, mh or t5's are the way to go. I switched from pc's after a few months and ALL of my corals began growing significantly. It seems like my corals were being kept alive with pc's, but not thriving.

Back