Lightning Wrasse?

will16

Does anyone have experience with this fish? Also know as Yellow Cheek Wrasse. Picked one up at LFS. Was told that it would only grow to 6-7 inches and reef safe. Took a look around on the web and have many conflicting descriptions. Some say max size 5"-8", some say 12". Some say reef safe some say not reef safe. A bit confused. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Will

That's what I really wanted to hear. Beautiful fish and really want to keep it. Put him in last night and he's out and about this afternoon. A few skirmishes but nothing major yet. So far it looks like my coral beauty thats is giving him the hardest time. Managed a few pics...

94853627.jpg

94853628.jpg

Does anyone else have any experience with this fish? Behavior? What it will/won't get along with?

He's actually doing very well. Funny thing is at first he wouldn't eat any mysis. Thought I was going to have a problem and threw in some pellets. He went crazy. I guess he had only been fed pellets. After a day or so he started in on the mysis and now he's fine. He does not exhibit any problems with any of the other fish (including a flasher and yellow wrasse) but for some reason my coral beauty seems to be offended by him. Harrassed him for a week but now seems to be calming down. Think it should be ok. His behavior is much like the yellow wrasse. Minds his own business and doesn't bother anyone. IME all the Halichores wrasses exhibit this behavior. Really liking him.

Here's another pic...

95094265.jpg

Find out if he was reef safe or not and maximum size?

I was orininally looking at the radiant wrasse but I really have to many fish with red & orange hues so I thought this might be a good substitute.

The consensus is that it is reef safe and max size 5"-7". The owner of the LFS is a Phd Marine Biologist and I also contacted the guys at wetwebmedia. They were both in agreement on this. I haven't seen anything in his behavior to lead me to think otherwise. Hasn't bothered any of my inverts or corals.

I love the radiant wrasse. I did have one but unfortunately did not make it. Currently looking for another one. The blues on the lightning is very striking in the tank. I've been trying to find something blue and this guy works out perfect.

Let me know if you find one and what your experience is.

Back