Lights morphing Zoanthids

whodah

Who Dah?
Premium Member
after reading the A Zoanthid Lover's Poll, i was motivated to post an article ZoaID recently worked on.

it's titled: 'Zoanthid morphing focusing on Lights' and has a heavy pictorial basis. a lot of the pics you'll recognize as they've been posted here on RC before. but now there is a more detailed explanation! nothing extremely scientifically based... but interesting none the less!

check it out, and i hope you enjoy! :)

http://www.zoaid.com/articles.php?id=1

Great article. Keep up the great work. Well goes to show that you can get a ok frag and it trns out to be a great looking colony.

That is one of the best demonstrations I have seen. Please keep doing this with any new zoos you get. This really shows the effect lighting has on corals. I always take pics when I first get a frag and periodically take them to show chages.

Great work!

Whodah, any other way to get rid of spaghetti worms besides getting a fish? I have a colony that is slowly dieing and the rock they are on is covered in them. I have done a Lugols dip and a peroxide dip. These buggers are tough. Will anything else kill them?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6946023#post6946023 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by schristi69
Whodah, any other way to get rid of spaghetti worms besides getting a fish? I have a colony that is slowly dieing and the rock they are on is covered in them. I have done a Lugols dip and a peroxide dip. These buggers are tough. Will anything else kill them?

I've had that problem with several colonies. Mix up some flatworm exit with your tankwater in a bucket and dip the zoa's. Works for me:rollface:

thx all!

i'm really glad you enjoyed it. i had kicked around 'publishing' an 'article' for a long time now. i'm very happy to see a positive response!

makes me want to do more... ;)

as for the spaghetti worms: you can also 'attack' them w/ superglue gel. i'm in the midst of doing this w/ a mini colony now. (unsuccessfully so far i might add... two attempts, the worm has receeded and poked it's head out on another side of the rock, ha!)

interesting dip method there MelNGuy - first i've heard of that solution!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6951441#post6951441 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MelNGuy
I've had that problem with several colonies. Mix up some flatworm exit with your tankwater in a bucket and dip the zoa's. Works for me:rollface:

A good hard blast from a turkey baster will send them flying ;)

I have resorted to using a toothbrush. That got most of them. Considered using superglue or even epoxy putty. The colony is on a coral skeleton so there are LOTS of little caves/holes. Seal the little buggers in and let them rot. :) I will give the flatworm exit a try. Didn't know it worked on spaghetti worms also.

Back