Lint looking something

xrayjeeper83

Woke up to find my juvi majestic laying on the bottom barely moving. Checking everyone over I notice what looks like lint on my sailfin and male clown. Those two are swimming and acting normal, the majestic is trying to swim but not doing well at it at all. His fins are tore up cause my passer has started picking on him.

Of course I recently broke down my QT tank to clean it up and dont have any mixed SW. Making sw right now in hopes to get a HT up asap.
uploadfromtaptalk1411307142315.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411307149668.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411307157792.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411307165588.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411307173940.jpg

Hard to tell for certain, but the picture of the clown looks to be indicative of Brooklynella. Were these fish quarantined? What is the history of this tank (how old, when were fish added etc.)?

Well, first, in your sized tank a Passer and Majestic are not going to coexist; Passer angels are tough cookies. The clown looks a bit like brook.

Majestic is dead.

Tank is about 3 months with fish, fully cycled and fish added slowly.

Angels were all QTed, the sailfin and doctor fish came from someone else and were all healthy(stupid move I know, but didnt have a big enough QT tank) and my female was the last add about 2 weeks ago(she was at my LFS for almost month before I got it and was doing fine) everyone else came from my other tanks.

Yes I made some mistakes on this but let's ignore that right now and help me treat the fish.

If its brooks what's the best treatment.

And its a FOWLR and would be OK copper treating and removing all inverts.

Back