Lionfish acting sick

annoyingmirek

For the past 3 weeks my lionfish has stopped eating. No, he is not skinny yet. Already spoke with the LFS. He has been fed frozen krill for 6 months and now he won't eat. Right before all this started I was poking around in the tank and closed ( well narrowed) his entrance to his cave. Noticed it a day later when he couldn't go in there and fixed it. Still he won't go there anymore and won't float up. Just lays on the bottom. He is starting to look like he is leaning to the one side heavily. Now im going to try a feeder fish like the LFS recommended but its his behavior that is worrying me. Any thoughts are appreciated.

defpunk

He may be stressed due to the moving of the rocks. I use a Garlic supplement on my Krill and Silversides when I feed my drawf lion. If your also only feeding Krill try and pick up some silversides for him...expand the food range a lil bit. When my drawf woulnd't eat frozen I used the garlic and seemed like it sent him into a feeding frenzy. I still to this day add the garlic on any food I feed to any of my fish.

annoyingmirek

Thanks for comments. Tried the garlic with no luck. Also tried small feeding guppies. Also no response. He seems to move around in a small area. I'm wondering if I should move more rocks and kinda force him to explore the tank AGAIN. He used to live in a cave on the right side of the tank and now just hovers in the center. Will get some other frozen food. Thanks again.