Lionfish

fishnfrogs

Please let me know if this is in the incorrect forum but I think this is the right place.

I am looking in to getting a Lionfish and would like to know if any here care for them and if so what husbandry you use and how hard they are to keep?

Thanks,
David

theyre fairly easily kept with good water parms' al ive ever fed them was Red Rosies (fresh water) they have need to be fed 1-2 RR's every other day. any fish that will fit its mouth, it will eat. (clowns, damnsels, etc)REEF-ON!!!

Rosies should only be fed when first purchasing the lion to get a feeding response in the tank if it refuses other foods. You should NOT feed freshwater feeders to saltwater fish. Marine animals cannot fully digest them and freshwater feeders do not have correct or sufficient nutritional value to sustain the health of marine creatures.

Sorry about that. Should have finished reading the posts. I responded to Nano4brains' feedback and missed Frank's link - which, as I'm sure you know, is a great article.

i have a red volitan lionfish. he is my world! i love this guy! (who knew one could be soooo attatched to a fish?!?!?) i highly recommend this fish. he is the only fish i have or ever plan to have! (he is massive and i have a 65 gallon tank) his personallity would be best described as "salt-water dog"... loving, ready for attention, curious.....wonderful! i feed him an alternating diet of krill, lance fish, and silver sides. he is very peaceful and laid-back. his mannerisms are so fun to watch, hanging upside down in the cave, floating in front of the jets to let his "hair" blow in the wind! i love this guy! hope you choose to bring one into your life!! any questions or comments, feel free to pm (personal message) me.

peace
stay salty
lionfishlady

That's a cool method I really never thought of that but I'd be too concerned with them catching something from the baitfish out of the ocean you never know what is in the water...

Back