little solid white snails in zoo colonies?

loyalty

some of my zoos lately don't seem to be doing too well, so about an hour after lights out i went back and checked out the tank. i found many small solid white snails (not sundials or anything) in several colonies, and a few in almost all the other colonies.

they're solid white, very small (about the size of a pod), and the shell seems kind of conical. in fact, they look like a piece of dried superglue. i tweezed out all the ones i could find, but can't find any info on reef central about them.

could they be baby turbo snails hiding amongst the polyps like pods do? any info would be appreaciated

if they are very small, the size of pods....what exactly is the shape of the shell? if it has a long cone shape (like a cerith), my guess is that they are some sort of pyramidal snail.

pyramidal snails are known for attacking, and killing clams. never heard of them being a zoa predator. but i'm sure a variation of the species that preys on zoas is entirely possible.

SnailSmall.jpg

btw...thats the side of a penny in the top of the picture.

i'll try to nab another one for a better id, but i'd say the shell was more like a turbo snail shell. the size is about right though surfn

definitely not a stomatella, they're wayyy smaller

I have had baby turbo snails and they do look similar to your description, I never had any problems with them bugging corals though

Back