Local stores open thanksgiving??

nottarts23

We will be traveling to Tampa area for thanksgiving.

Does anyone know if any of the local stores will be open?

Thanks

Haven't heard that any of our sponsors are open on Thanksgiving. I really hope they are not and that they are enjoying their Turkey Day w/ their families. As for Black Friday sales, Drysdale Aquariums is having one. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/830623760392353/?__mref=message_bubble

Not sure if that opens or not here but if not, head over to the FB page either under Drysdale or the TBRC to see the event. When I hear of other sales, I'll add them here.

I specifically avoid any open stores on Thanksgiving

While I understand the premise, it always seemed a bit odd to me. People are pushing back because retailers are "making" their employees work on holidays. However, a lot of those employees might want to work holidays since it often allows them to pick up some OT or extra holiday pay. I worked with guys that volunteered for every holiday to get the double time. Additionally, the consumer outrage seems to be only at retailers while there are people in all lines of work that have always worked holidays, including Thanksgiving and Christmas. I work for the government and spent the first 6-7 years of my career working every holiday. What about the hospitality industry? Conveniece store / gas stations?

Regardless, everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving!!

Back