Long nose butterfly info?

Bazza2401

Hi I've had my Ln butterfly for almost a month now but something is very strafe about him. When I turn the lights off at 9pm he floats to the top of the tank and sleeps upside down? Is this something I should be worrying about?
He only does it at night but during the day he swims actively.

My favorite fish. They do have some unusual behaviors. All are different.

Floating upside down at the top is a defense mechanism. They use their top fins to ward off trouble. At the top, they only have to worry about one side to defend and they can sleep (or whatever it is they do) with the fins pointing down.

As they grow and get used to the other inhabitants they will change this behavior. However, the next "habit" may even be more unusual.

My favorite fish. They do have some unusual behaviors. All are different.

Floating upside down at the top is a defense mechanism. They use their top fins to ward off trouble. At the top, they only have to worry about one side to defend and they can sleep (or whatever it is they do) with the fins pointing down.

As they grow and get used to the other inhabitants they will change this behavior. However, the next "habit" may even be more unusual.
Very interesting thanks for sharing

I added one in QT a couple days ago. He was upside down in the pvc pipe and laid on his side at the bottom of the tank right after I put him in. I thought that he would have been a goner to my surprise he was up swimming after light out. I should have remember this post lol

Back