Looking for 30" light

Hifiguy

Premium Member
Hello all,

I just thought I would ask to see if anyone had a 30" light they wanted to get rid of.
Im looking for a 130 watt minumim.
I think that is enough for a 20 long to grow sps. If you dont think thats enough let me know so i dont get the wrong thing.

Thanks

Shaun

For most sps corals no, that won't be near enough PAR to satisfy their needs. However if you keep up on water quality montiporas would do ok and most lps and soft corals would do fine with that light. If your looking for a cheap MH fixture check out hellolights.com or if your any good at DIY you could try this

Regent fixture

lighting

lighting

If you have around $150 I know a lady that has a smokin deal on a think its a 30 or 48 light setup that has halides. PM me.

If i were to put a grouping of 6 55w lights on it and so have 330 watts on this 20gal long is that enough for sps ??

Thanks for the answers so far btw.
Shaun

I would take up Rayman380 on his offer if I were you. I think I know the lights he is talking about and they are way worth it

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7565423#post7565423 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hifiguy
If i were to put a grouping of 6 55w lights on it and so have 330 watts on this 20gal long is that enough for sps ??

Thanks for the answers so far btw.
Shaun

Maybe, but it just isn't practical. It is going to be MUCH more expensive to run and replace 6 bulbs than a single MH bulb.

Back