Looking for a new tank.

Markk96

Premium Member
I am wanting to upgrade and start over.

I have been looking at waterbox aquariums or innovative marine aquariums but I cannot get myself to pull the trigger because of the price.

Does anyone drill tanks anymore?

I am wanting to upgrade and start over.

I have been looking at waterbox aquariums or innovative marine aquariums but I cannot get myself to pull the trigger because of the price.

Does anyone drill tanks anymore?
I can help Mark. I’ve got the bits and a small portable drill press.

Sounds good. Have you checked Aqueon reef ready tanks? Haven’t priced them in a long time but might be cheaper than water box or innovative.

If you decide to go the drilling route, let me know and I’ll be happy to help. Just make sure whatever you get isn’t tempered glass where you want to have it drilled.

I juat started looking so I have not. I am to old and fat now so I would beed help with carrying a bigger tank down my hill to my basement.

Dang I forgot about TWP. I bought my frisr 75 gallon from them. My best tank ever. That is when I met all you guys.

I do not see anyone selling the aqueon reef ready tanks.

Most local stores sell them or can get them.
That would easily be the most economical.
Personally I like the look of rimless but hate them.
My rimless tanks always have water running down the glass from the fish. Always have to be careful not to make to big a wave. Just using a algae scraper is enough to splash water out.
More fish jump out of them going up the sides.
Going with a rimmed tank or EU braced is much better.

75 is a great size and you could easily move yourself.

That said I moved a 125 myself but do not recommend it.

Drilling is also easy to do and the bigger the tank the easier it is but just takes longer.

Last edited:
Most local stores sell them or can get them.
That would easily be the most economical.
Personally I like the rook of rimless but hate them.
My rimless tanks always have water running down the glass from the fish. Always have to be careful not to make to big a wave.
More fish jump out of them going up the sides.
Going with a rimmed tank or EU braced is much better.

75 is a great size and you could easily move yourself.

That said I moved a 125 myself but do not recommend it.

Drilling is also easy to do and the bigger the tank the easier it is but just takes longer.
Agreed. My biggest was a 210 gallon, sometimes I miss it.
120 gallon would be perfect for me now. I like the look of the low iron glass tanks. Buy they are pricey

Check out the Planet Aquarium Crystalline Series at Corner Reef. They are stunning, and pretty affordable!

Back