Looking for a refractometer

jcoll

I am wanting to buy a refractometer anybody on here selling one or know of any good reliable one that I can find online or in a store in the are that won't break the bank ? Lol

Any reason why you didn't check out local stores? The majority of the time local stores have same price online or can even beat the price.

Any reason why you didn't check out local stores? The majority of the time local stores have same price online or can even beat the price.

I am not knocking the LFS in the area but many times equipment costs are much better from online vendors. I try to support the LFS around here when I can, but this hobby can get expensive and sometimes I need to look for the best prices.

I am not knocking the LFS in the area but many times equipment costs are much better from online vendors. I try to support the LFS around here when I can, but this hobby can get expensive and sometimes I need to look for the best prices.

I totally understand. There are some stores that are better than others on. But also remember you can always pick up the phone and get a price quote or see if they have an item in stock.

yea I ended up paying 23 plus 12 for calibration fluid through amazon I did check the lfs but they where a bit more expensive.... IDK why I did not invest in this before I am surprised my corals have done so well I tested salinity and I was at 1.029 an I am sure it has been higher in the past... hydrometers are pretty crappy lol

I swear hydrometers are getting worse. My old, reasonably accurate one broke after 5 years (carefully maintained over that time); the new one (same brand) gave me a different wrong reading every time I used it.

Back