looking for experiences with cherub dwarf angels???

zombiereef

i am thinking about adding one to my 62g mixed reef. of course the pet stores say they are great for a reef, but does anyone have any real experience with them?

Had a cherub and it was great for about a month and then picked at every coral in the talk. Now I have a Coral Beauty and he has never touched a thing.

We had one for a few months, then it turned into the meanest fish ever, we tore the reef apart to get it out. It was OK with corals though.
Hit or miss in my opinion.
Chris

I had one in a small 40 gal reef for over a year. It got very aggressive. It was not as bad a Damsels but still very assressive. I did not have any problem with it picking at my LPS or softies.

They are hit or miss w/ corals like all dwarf angels, but do tend to be very agressive towards new fish added to the system. If you really want one, make it the last fish you add to your tank.

i wound up grabbing a centropyge flavicaudus (whitetail pygmy) and it looks just like a cherub but without the yellow head. it is the last fish going into the tank and we'll just keep our fingers crossed that he doesnt nip any clams or corals. i couldnt pass up the deal. i think it was $15. thanks for all the comments everyone.

well, the angel got rattled by the homicidal clarkii's. fish is in the sump for now. looks like i am going to have to do some rearranging of the fish to make this work. it's to bad too. the angel was munching away on algae and picking the rocks like a champ. was doing great until the female clown caught a glimpse of it. chased it right into the overflow. got lucky cause that made it easy to put him in the sump.

after evicting the clowns, the angel is doing great. no munching corals and is a model citizen-so far! (fingers crossed). not the prettiest fish ever, but it has a subdued beauty all it's own. I like that it stays really small, so it will fit in with the other fish.

Back