Looking for Regal 150 INT Protein Skimmer owners...

jfeva0049

Hi guys or gals,

Im looking to get some input from other Regal 150 INT Protein Skimmer owners. I want to see what settings you are using and to gain some insight on how it is performing on your tank. I have had mine up and running for about 5 weeks now. Please let me know if your out there????

I have a larger regal but I will say adding a neck extension really helped me fail it it and run it at 100%. Ideally the more you can run the pump at the more air as well. Overall super happy with it.

I have a larger regal but I will say adding a neck extension really helped me fail it it and run it at 100%. Ideally the more you can run the pump at the more air as well. Overall super happy with it.

I have not been able to go above air setting 3. if i go higher it will cause it to over flow.

what setting did you have yours before the extension and what setting are you able to have it at now?

I have the space saver version that's been running for over a year. Really happy with it and no issues so far. Water level is at 8", wide open air, pump speed 4.

I have had my 150 INT for about 4-5 weeks now. It pulls some decent skimmate but I notice that the thick build up starts about 2-3 inches below the collection cup. Not up high where it spills over but below where the cup comes off.

Does this mean that my internal water level is to low??

I always had to clean my previous collection cup out but I dont remember having to clean the body like i do with this skimmer.

I have not been able to go above air setting 3. if i go higher it will cause it to over flow.

what setting did you have yours before the extension and what setting are you able to have it at now?

I had it running at 80% if I recall. I think you may need to check the height of your skimmer and make sure it is in the correct height. after that fully open gate valve and then run at 100% and slowly close valve to fine tune. I know easier said then done.

I ran mine full speed and both holes of the air silencer open and I adjusted the valve to where the bubbles broke at the top of skimmer with no cup on.

Back