Looking for Rubbermaid stock tank

REEF-n-Chicago

Hey everyone :)
I am having the beginnings of an out break of aspstia (SP?) and am wanting to borrow or purchase a rubbermaid stock tank so I can take the rock out and inject them one by one (loads of fun) LOL Anyhow, if anyone has an extra let me know....

Also, after this is done I am going to order some Berghia nudibranch to help control the smaller ones based on fish's recommendations and my readings. If anyone has any personal experience let me know.
Thanks in advance for any info!

I am having some problems with them as well. I will tag allong and when you order the Berghia nudibranch let me know and maybe we can go in together and get a better deal on them.

That would be a great idea. They are not that pricey (if they work) 15.00. inland aquatics said to buy in packs of three. So, between that and the shipping it starts to hurt. LOL We will def have to group order. Anyone else is welcome> the more you buy the cheaper they get. I would like to order them in the next two weeks once I inject a few. Let me know what you think.

I was reading that too. Thought it would be fun! We can have a breeding contest :) When are you going to order. If we all order together it will be cheap!

I used the berghia to get rid of aptasia before. Worked well. About a year later I ended up using peppermint shrimp and that worked too. Had to buy a ton of the peppermint shrimp to get them to eat it but it worked.

Has anyone tried Race Bros for the stock tanks? Stock tanks are used on farms so it may be worth a look.

Medicine Man> what size tank was this? Also, how many is a ton of peppermints? Thanks for your input! (I will try race brothers.... great idea!)

Like fish said they run around $65 for the 100 gallon stock tank. They go on sale sometimes I believe I got my two for around $50 each on sale but that was a long time ago so not sure if they are still doing that.

Thanks> I will watch for the sale... How quickly does everyone want to order these? Im flexible.... whenever over the next to weeks. They claim they will live and even thrive (breed) in a mason jar. (Inlands site) I will try to figure out the link and post it . (never posted one)

I have a 100 gal stock tank that you are welcome to, I will take $50

But...if you are going to buy the nudi's, you are better off to just leave your display as it is, add the nudi's and let them do their thing. The more aptasia's the better for them. They will eat them pretty quickly, and if your lucky, they will breed and you'll have some to share or sell to others. If you kill off most of the aptasia's the nudi's won't last long and die.

I used them on a heavily infested tank with great success. You can't have anything else in the tank known to eat aptasia's...or they will eat your nudi's....also no emerald mythrax crabs.

By the way, saltyunderground.com is a great place to buy the nudi's. They are in St Louis, so they are pretty close and not in the box long, as well as good pricing.

tbrill> thanks for the site and the suggestions> maybe i will leave them alone for now buuuutttt I hate them so! :) I will let you know on the stock tank. I'm going to see about going with a 150 if troy has one and I have the space!
Troy> sending PM!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11319546#post11319546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbrill
If you kill off most of the aptasia's the nudi's won't last long and die.

You are totally right on that one Tim.

My buddy and I bought 12 of them about a year ago with the intent to breed them. We had a tank FULL of aptasia it looked like creepy brown grass. We put them in and they went to town on them. Though they did breed easily, little egg spirals everywhere. The problem was keeping enough aptasia around to feed them. Honestly, I thought that would never be a problem but after a month or so they finished all the aptasia we had. We even had a tank set up for breeding aptasia, crazy I know. If you buy any I would definitely buy as a group and just take 2 and let them go. If there is aptasia to eat they will breed.

Back